Sunnyside, Washington

The Artichoke Tapenade is oil soaked pieces of the edible part of the Artichoke plant. Although there are scarce pieces of the 'heart', the main ingredients are the toughest outer leaves and the hairy center of the Artichoke. Eating this product is alike eating a piece of fish that is packed with bones which have to be removed before swallowing. The pieces of outer leaves are too tough to swallow and the overwhelming presence of hairy fibers makes me choke. This product is unpalatable. The prominent taste is of oil, vinegar and citric acid which negates any enjoyment of the true taste of an artichoke! It would cause one who has never eaten an Artichoke before, to disfavor and avoid this grand plant! The only good thing I can say about this experience is that I now know why they call it and Arti-Choke! I plan to return the 3 jars I purchased!

Pictures are of the product in jar, opening of jar, laying jar on counter and two shots of the overwhelming hairy fibers.

Reason of review: Horrid product.

Preferred solution: Don't sell this product without a warning that states: " this product does not represent the actual taste or experience of eating an artichoke"!.

I didn't like: Artichoke tapenade.

Had an Experience with International Delicacies?

Comments

What do you expect from tapenade that is sold at the dollar store? I feel sorry for your dinner party guests, hope they eat before coming to your house!